Wednesday 24 May 2023

Jungfraujoch 3

Next we went to look at the Plateau which as the name infers is the highest point.


Having  watched others make the walk up it look easy,  we decided to give it a go.  Easy it was not and for me involved hanging on to the side ropes and hauling myself up.  The views were the same but there was a real sense of achievement for getting up there.



Just look how quickly the weather changes though, this shot was taken 41 seconds after the one above.


Somehow we managed to slide to the other side for a photo with the Swiss flag which I really like, especially the jaunty angle of my bobble hat!  I should point out that I happily return the photo favours for people after I've explained I can't use a phone camera.


We slid ourselves down again and headed back through the tunnels to the other side of the complex to have a look at the Snow Fun Park.  This again involved hauling ourselves along the ropes and I'm sure I would have had rope burns if I hadn't been wearing gloves.  The activities offered on the website were sledging and tubing, ski and snowboarding and zip lining but the latter appeared to be the only one actually happening.



Look how blue this footprint is.



This guy was setting up all over the place to take photos of him and his towel?


The zip line





Lastly we went back to the Sphinx platform for a final look - unsurprisingly the scenery hadn't changed and the weather kept rolling in and out as before.







Time for a cuppa and a sit down.  We found a coffee shop and luckily a couple of seats right by a window, although I did have to move rather swiftly to secure them.  


This plastic version of Edelweiss is the nearest thing we'll see as it's too early for the real plant to be flowering.


We had to giggle at this door, it appears to open outwards and there is just a sheer drop beneath us!